At the Office of Technology Licensing (OTL), we help connect industry partners, investors, and entrepreneurs with Princeton's cutting-edge technologies and researchers to bring innovative solutions to real-world problems.
We provide personal, direct, and comprehensive services. We welcome you to contact us.
The OTL facilitates the transformation of scientific and technological discoveries into products and services for societal benefit in a manner consistent with Princeton University’s emphasis on preeminent research, education and dedication to public service.
What We Do
- Guide and assist in the filing of new invention disclosures and patents
- Evaluate commercial potential for a new discovery or invention
- Create development and commercialization strategies
- Identify licensing opportunities and negotiate licensing terms
- Advise and assist in establishing start-up companies
- Support Material Transfer Agreements (MTAs), Confidentiality Disclosure Agreements (CDAs), and other legal agreements
- Ensure compliance with federal regulations regarding university technology transfer
- Help to identify technologies and researchers to meet your business needs
- Manage the licensing process, including negotiating win-win licensing terms
- Facilitate on-campus meetings with inventors and other researchers
- Work with our colleagues in the Office of Research and Project Administration (ORPA) to facilitate fair and reasonable intellectual property terms in sponsored research contracts and collaboration agreements
- Work with our colleagues in the office of Corporate Engagement and Foundation Relations to facilitate broader interactions between researchers and industry partners
- Discuss the potential for start-up companies based on Princeton innovations
- Assist with access to Princeton technologies and inventions
- Help to set up on-campus meetings with inventors and other researchers
- Arrange access to campus-based entrepreneurial conferences and research centers